Got an email today from the team at Jobamatic. They have a cool new way to integrate your jobs from your Jobamatic board to twitter through its rss feed.
Thanks to the Job-a-matic platform and TwitterFeed, it’s free and easy to add jobs to Twitter. Here are step-by-step directions:
- Create an account at TwitterFeed.
- Setup your feed by clicking Connect your feed to your Twitter Account. This will take you to Twitter.com, where you’ll need to either Register or authenticate your existing account by entering your Username and Password and clicking Allow.
- Describe your feed in the Feed Name field (not public).
- Add your Job-a-matic RSS feed to your RSS Feed URL field, http://jobsinwindpower.jobamatic.com/a/jbb/find-jobs-rss/. If you don’t have many directly posted jobs, you can expand your RSS feed to include backfill jobs, by appending bf-y/: http://jobsinwindpower.jobamatic.com/a/jbb/find-jobs-rss/bf-y/. Fine-tune the backfill jobs appearing in your tweets using the “Backfill” tab in Job-a-matic.
- Click Create Feed.
If you want more control over how your job tweets are displayed, you can use the additional options in Advanced Settings. In particular, you might consider the following:
- Changing the Post Content to include the title only, to reflect Twitter’s 140 character limit.
- Use the Post Prefix option to add friendly, marketing copy to your tweets. Job-a-matic publishers have had success using prefixes like “New Job Listing: ” or “Hiring a “.
- Use the Post Suffix option to add hashtags to your tweet, so that the job gets found in Twitter search results. Popular job-related hash tags include #jobs, #job and #hiring.
Please note that including jobs in your Twitter feed is an unpaid option for Job-a-matic publishers, and like any job listing, tweeted URLs will eventually expire.
Subscribe via RSS