Viewing Profile: chrisr2
Latest Posts by chrisr2
Internships.com just got bought for $11 million
Breaking News off the wires today. CareerArc, the company that also owns TweetMyJobs has sold off one of its big properties, Internships.com to Chegg for 11 million dollars. Here’s the press release. Makes me wonder if their other properties like TMJ are next…?
Fast growing job boards and their revenue numbers
Inc recently came out with their list of the fastest growing companies. The firms in it have to fill out a survey and submit their revenue numbers. This year a number of job boards made the list. Here they are in order of biggest sales to smallest.
Hiring badges are a good idea
I use ZipRecruiter for my day job as a recruiter and they just added a feature that I thought was really cool.
As you may know I’ve been on a big kick lately about becoming more visual and these ‘We’re hiring‘ badges that are embeddable are a great idea. Not only does it give the employer a cool way to promote their jobs you get free back-links when they are used.
So whether you are a job board, aggregator or mini-ATS like ZR go create your badges and your clients will love you.
Job boards in the news
Its September so the job board news is coming fast and furious. Here’s a quick roundup.
* Jobs2Careers Ranked #131 in Inc. 500 List of Fastest-Growing Privately-Held Companies. Congrats to Bruce Ge for building a good aggregator in the face of Indeed and SimplyHired. READ ABOUT IT HERE
* NJmarketingjobs is a new hyper-niche job board. It targets a “local niche”. Sites like these have the potential to bring in $1,000 per month if done right and given enough time. SEE IT
* The American Legion signs on with Monster.com’s Military.com READ ABOUT IT HERE
* ZipRecruiter lands $63 million in funding. These guys made job distribution into a huge business opportunity. Kudos to the team at ZR. READ ABOUT IT HERE
* RAllyPoint is a Linkedin for Veterans and helps them get jobs. READ ABOUT THEM HERE
An easy way to improve the effectiveness and share-ability of your job postings (member only)
New wordpress job board theme – WpJobus
The developers emailed me recently and since I’m a sucker for new job board technology I was glad to mention it here on Job Board Secrets.
Here’s what they claim about the new theme;
This theme is completely made in WordPress so you can run it just like any other blog. We probably shouldn’t brag, but we seriously think that it is the most complete and easiest to use job board out there. You can register your company, post jobs, curriculums and many other amazing things. One of our favorite details about this theme though is that it lets you hide the menu bar. This makes your company profile and you resumé even more professional. And all this for a microstock file price. You can purchase it on ThemeForest and within a couple of clicks your website is ready to rock!
Sell your domains on Freemarket
The folks behind Freelancer.com have launched a competitor to Flippa and Godaddy auctions. Its called Freemarket.com. The best part is that its free and only charges 5% if a successful deal is made. Might be a better alternative to paying those pesky fees from the other sites I mentioned. So if you have some extra domains or used sites you want to sell check it out.
Freemarket will let people post websites or domains for sale, either at auction basis or with a fixed-price eBay-style ‘But-It-Now’ option. A search on the keyword ‘job’ shows 23 sites related to job boards for sale.
Improving your apply ratio for employers (member only)
Job boards in the news
Some job boards and new tech in the news for the job search market.
1. PhysEmp.com, one of the nations first physician job boards and mobile app innovators, recently launched Job Search by PhysEmp.coma new mobile app that helps doctors search for jobs on the go. This is the 5th generation of the app and offers enhanced features for job-seeking physicians.
The importance of having an app for any job board cannot be overstated because of the growth of mobile traffic. In our case,the mobile traffic is overwhelmingly on the iPhone and iPad,” said Robert Truog, CEO of PhysEmp.com.”We have more than ten thousand physicians searching for jobs on our site, and its our job to ensure that they have access to our 20,000 listings throughout the day, wherever they are.”
@chrisrussell: I think eventually every job board will need an app to be relevant.
2. Quadjobs.com is odd jobs for college student linking to families.
@chrisrussell: another job search startup from Connecticut! I think they have a great domain name and are starting out correctly by targeting their local colleges first.
3. Purzue.com is a new online resume host. Link
@chrisrussell: They pinged me on Linkedin. Looks cool but how will it make money?