Viewing Profile: chrisr2
Latest Posts by chrisr2
Job boards account for 15% of all hires in latest survey
The new Sources of Hire study is out. You whats hot? Sourcing is. Referrals, company career sites and job boards were all down from last year. Read the article.
Job boards accounted for 15.1% last year.
CareerXroads puts out this study each year and foes a great job with it. I think the respondents are bigger fortune 500 type firms so if the results surprise you that could be why. I can tell that if you are a small business job boards are a much bigger source of hire. I’d suggest its more like 75% based on my own experience as a Talent Acquisition Manager.
Whats also interesting about this years report is that Linkedin is now classified as a job board which is more realistic than being just a social network.
Update on Jobamatic changes
I asked the folks at SH more about the upcoming Jobamatic changes. If you have multiple accounts you should wait to switch until the 2nd half of august for when they roll out parent/child account support.
1. Once you signup on the new platform you can start using immediately? Are you increasing average EPC that you can earn or is it staying relatively the same? (can we make more money?)
When a partner applies for the new partner platform, we will review the application within 2 business days and if approved, they will be able to start using the solutions immediately. The jobs index is not changing from Jobamatic to the new Simply Hired Partner Solutions. Partners continue to have access to our index of over 6M jobs and can expect comparable earnings.
2. On that note what is the average EPC for sending traffic to SH? .05-.10 cents….?
Each partner’s revenue potential drastically differs based on the type of jobs that their audience clicks on. No partner is the same.
3. Are all the jobamatic domains disappearing as of sept 30?
All Jobamatic partners need to re-apply for the new platform if they wish to continue using our partner solutions after September 30th. Once they are approved and have migrated their sites to the new platform, we will close their Jobamatic account and pay out any remaining Jobamatic earnings balance. If a partner does not wish to migrate platforms, no longer wants to utilize our partner solutions, or does not adhere to our terms of service, we will close their Jobamatic account by September 30th and schedule payment of any remaining balance to the payment info on file.
4. What are new features in this version?
Flexible customization: Partners can easily customize the hosted job search experience to precisely match their site’s brand and aesthetic. Job listings are seamless to each site’s unique audience and advertisers to ensure an optimal experience for all users.
Partners can directly sell job postings on their own site. These postings are guaranteed premium placement to maximize visibility and drive new revenue.
Expanded library of job widgets: Partners can surface contextually relevant jobs anywhere on their site to target passive job seekers broadly across their website.
Reporting & analytics: Expanded reporting dashboard and site analytics give partners greater
Lessons on starting a job search content company
Ever heard of The Muse? its a job search content site that pumps out 40 articles per week and sells profile pages to employers. In this episode of TWIST with Jason Calacanis, the co founder Katherine Mnshew talks about jobs and the career space. If you run any kind of job search business its a great way to spend an hour.
SimplyHired to replace Jobamatic, will add support for multiple sites under single login
Thanks to one of my readers (hat tip Jason Pedley) I was tipped off to new plans by SimplyHired to revamp/replace the venerable Jobamatic software platform. As of September 30th, Jobamatic will go away to be replaced by Simply-Partner. I’m also told by their PR department that they will finally be adding support for managing multiple sites under one account, a feature that has been long sought after by many Jobamatic users. Though the “parent/child” support as they refer to it, wont be available until probably the end of August.
Existing Jobamatic users must signup under the new platform. Any balances under the old Jobamatic will be paid out. I have some additional questions waiting to be answered so I’ll be posting more on this story but I wanted to get this news out ASAP.
Below is the full press release;
Simply Hired Enhances Partner Solutions for Publishers and Premium Websites
Top sites can now quickly and easily add relevant job listings that engage their unique audience and drive incremental revenue
Sunnyvale, CA – July 23, 2014 – Simply Hired today unveiled its new Partner Solutions for premium web sites. The enhanced offering introduces new capabilities to give qualified partners a robust, turnkey solution to enable job search and discovery on their digital properties. The new offering is fully customizable to integrate with any site’s look and feel, and can be implemented in minutes to drive audience engagement and incremental revenue.
“Over the past 9 years, Simply Hired has developed job search technology that leads the industry. Now we’re putting our latest product innovations in the hands of our partners so they can offer comprehensive, timely and relevant job search on their own sites,” said James Beriker, president and CEO of Simply Hired. “This high-value content is proven to build audience engagement and loyalty, and gives publishers an important new revenue channel through direct job listing sales to advertisers.”
Leading media sites, including Washington Post, Fox Business, Bloomberg Businessweek, Computerworld, and vertical leaders like International Nurses Association and Hero2Hired, use Simply Hired Partner Solutions to provide their users with high value, relevant job listings within their native brand environments. These high-quality job search experiences leverage the same data science, innovation and powerful algorithms that deliver the most relevant jobs to more than 30 million unique visitors each month on SimplyHired.com.
The Simply Hired Partner Solutions are completely redesigned on a new code base to offer the most robust, feature-rich, no-cost job solution of its kind. Key capabilities include:
– Flexible customization: Partners can easily customize the hosted job search experience to precisely match their site’s brand and aesthetic. Job listings are seamless to each site’s unique audience and advertisers to ensure an optimal experience for all users.
– Revenue optimization: Partners can directly sell job postings on their own site. These postings are guaranteed premium placement to maximize visibility and drive new revenue.
– Expanded library of job widgets: Partners can surface contextually relevant jobs anywhere on their site to target passive job seekers broadly across their website.
– Reporting & analytics: Expanded reporting dashboard and site analytics give partners greater
“Simply Hired’s flexible solution enhances our site experience with the most relevant job listings for our community,” said Aaron Golden, CRO, VentureBeat. “We are excited to be working with Simply Hired and look forward to driving incremental revenue with this relationship.”
About Simply Hired
Simply Hired, a technology company based in Sunnyvale, California, operates job search engines in 24 countries and 12 languages. With more than 30 million unique visitors per month, the company provides job seekers access to millions of job openings across all job categories and industries, reaching job seekers on the web, mobile devices, email, and via thousands of partner sites including The Washington Post, Fox Business, Bloomberg Businessweek, Computerworld, International Nurses Association, and Hero2Hired. Simply Hired enables employers to efficiently and cost-effectively reach candidates searching for jobs through its full-service pay-per-click (PPC) and self-service pay-per-post job advertising solutions. Simply Hired was founded in 2005 and is privately held with funding from Foundation Capital and IDG Ventures. For more information, visit www.simplyhired.com.
My list of the top 15 national job boards
Here’s my list of the top 15 National job boards. This list is NOT ranked by traffic, rather by my knowledge of the job board industry, their popularity among job seekers and number of jobs in their respective databases. None of these are niche sites. They contain listings from all industries across the USA.
1. Indeed.com – the worlds top job search engine.
2. Monster.com – the job board we all grew up with.
3. SimplyHired.com – just like Avis in rental cars, they’re the #2 aggregator so they try harder.
4. Linkedin – big and getting bigger. Soon to add aggregation.
5. Glassdoor.com – the new kid on the block with momentum.
6. CareerBuilder – oldie but goodie.
7. Craigslist - the cheapest job posting prices by far.
8. Beyond.com – also operates hundreds of niches job sites.
9. Juju.com – a solid aggregator more people should check out.
10. Snagajob.com – kind of like the national site for part time jobs.
11. Linkup.com – just employer jobs.
12. Ziprecruiter.com – this job distributor also is a job board.
13. Jobtarget(job finder) - they power thousands of association job boards.
14. Bullhornreach.com/jobs – they help staffing firms with jobs that you can also browse/search.
15. US.jobs – powered by Direct Employers.
Sponsor my site
Do you have a product or service that targets job boards and other online recruiting sites? Consider sponsoring my site to get your product in front of thousands of visitors each month. I have a highly focused audience of job site owners, product managers and other online recruiting professionals. A simple ad on the right column can be yours for a little as $50/mo.