TalentAlerts was developed by the folks behind TalentDesk. It offers a hosted job alert solution for job board operators who would like to monetize their job seeker records. They emailed me recently to announce the news of this new job alert service. It will allow other job boards to earn revenue by driving traffic to jobs within the Talent Alert database.
Here’s my Q&A with their rep.
Q. Where do the jobs come from?
A. The sponsored jobs in the job alert emails come from the large aggregators. We currently partner with two traffic brokers and are discussions with several others.
Q. How will the job board be paid?
A. We will send them a check
Q. What if the job board already has email alerts for their own jobs?
A. Do you mean what if a job boards has implemented their own job alert system? There is probably not much downside other than potentially sending two emails to the same job seeker once in a while.
The job board could also completely outsource job alerts to TalentAlerts. We can take their feed and will include their matching jobs in their alerts for at no charge.
– Very little competition exists in the hosted job alerts market today. I believe only 2 other vendors offer this type solution today. Margins are very high in this space.
– TalentAlerts is very simple to use and only requires job seeker email address, job alert location and job alert keyword. These values can be easily extracted from job application records.
– TalentAlerts is fully CAN-Spam Compliant. Job alert emails are fully white labeled and will come from the job board operator’s domain name.
– TalentAlerts has partnered with leading traffic brokers to ensure a large inventory of sponsored jobs
– TalentAlerts has been highly optimized from millions of alerts sent over the past 12 months
– TalentAlerts will offer highly competitive revenue share to job board operators. TalentAlerts will initially offer 100% revenue share to small job boards with less than 50k job alerts. Large job boards with > 50k alerts who sign up in the first 6 months will receive 75%+ revenue share.
– TalentAlerts will send free traffic to job board partners. Free traffic comes from expired alert traffic and unfilled ad slots.
– The product will launch in early 2015. Interested job board operators can request an invitation here: http://www.talentalerts.com/