If you run a job board or plan on starting one here some things you should or shouldn’t be doing.
- Dont get caught up in video resumes…up to now they have been just a fad. Recruiters are skittish about them for fear of discrimination and they dont really have the time to watch them. Its much easier to flip through a resume.
- Create products and services that save EMPLOYERS time in recruiting. Time is most valuable to them.
- Start blogging. Get some career coaches to write career advice articles in exchange for letting them promote themselves. Its an easy way to get free content. Content equals free search engine traffic.
- Help employers write better job ads. Get in the habit of checking what people are posting on your site and offer them suggestions to improve. Better job ads equal better candidates.
- Want more sales? increase your lead generation efforts…email/fax/direct mail…leave no stone unturned.
2 thoughts on “Do’s and dont’s for job board owners (free)”
I know most job posts are crap, but the trick is how to help your employers writer better job posts. Any advice here?
How do you go about contacting career coaches to write for you?
Comments are closed.