Recently I had an email exchange with Don Kerins from ForceFinder and asked him elaborate on their job board software.
1. Do you only power niche sites? what about local job sites? Most are industry/professional niches. Some have geographic/regional scope.
2. What is the cost? Price sheet attached.ForceFinder Pricing (pdf)
3. What are the top five job boards that you power? Not sure if you’re talking traffic, revenue, or what, but some notables include:
4. Why should a job board owner choose Forcefinder? Service.
5. What is your history…who founded? how long ago? Software originally developed about 9 years ago when I worked for Seacrest Business Systems in San Diego. Seacrest ran a successful regional board (JobSummit.com – southern California) and we were hoping to bring our expertise to a software offering that others could use to run their own niche/regional sites. Seacrest ended up selling JobSummit.com to Jobing.com and I purchased ForceFinder and started Workforce Media Group, Inc. We’ve been in business just over 7 years. I have a couple of full timers and use some contractors on an as needed basis.
6. Is any kind of support offered? Yes, during normal business hours, pacific time.
7. Do you host the board or just sell the software? SAAS and self-hosting license available.
Re pricing – the two options in our price sheet represent the two ends of the spectrum. In the hosted/SAAS model everyone uses the same code base – the ‘standard’ package if you will. It’s kind of a one-size-fits all solution. It’s configurable of course, but pretty much the same across the board. In the self-hosted/licensed model the customer does their own hosting and typically we/they modify the code with the changes they need. Having said that, we also have hybrids of the two options. For example, we have customers who have a license but who have us do the hosting, or they have a modified version from the base, they might run a separate instance/website/IP, they might have additional pages (outside the core package) that we host. The pricing for these variations is negotiated with the customer.
8. Do you offer backfill via Indeed or Simplyhired? We integrated with Indeed, SimplyHired, Juju, Smashfly, Ladders, JobG8, Arbita, DataFrenzy and eQuest.