In the golden days of job boards you could get away with just making money on job postings. Not anymore. Here’s a list of other revenue ideas that will help you add to the bottom line. Multiple revenue streams will help your business stay aflot in good times and bad. Today’s job board NEEDS multiple revenue sources to survive. My favorite is Adsense but here are 6 more ways to increase your bottom line.
1. Backfill from Indeed, SimplyHired or JuJu. For every 10,000 page views you can earn anywhere from $100-$300 in my experience.
2. Banner ads. The recruitment ad agencies like TMP, Bayard, CKS, etc will pay for these IF you have traffic and target a local or niche. Sell your own banners and reap the reward.
3. Email blasts. If you have a list of job seekers you can send out email blasts for employers. For 1,000 emails I would charge something like 10 or 15 cents per email.
4. Affiliate programs. I have never been a big fan of these but there are various resume services and other job related sites that willpay for traffic or conversions. Check out Commission Junction for finding them. Resume services are another one.
5. Job fairs. Hold an offline job fair. Connect with your clients and job seekers in person. These are espcially good for local sites as a way to build community.
6. Resume access. Charge employers to search your resumes or to contact the job seeker. Take a page out of Indeed’s book where they charge $1 to contact the jo seeker while making their resume free to see.