I wanted to do a post around upselling products on your job board. Upsells are ways to increase your revenue by adding on features to a typical job listing or other product on your site. Here are 5 ways to increase your revenue.
- Featured the job on your home page. Charge extra to do that. For example if a regular posting costs $99 charge $129 for a featured job.
- Social media. Offer to advertise the job on social media like Facebook. Charge and extra 30 bucks to post the job on Facebook and advertise it to their target audience. Set a budget of $10-$15 and pocket the rest.
- Feature the job in your newsletter. You can offer a dedicated email blast or simply put a featured job in your job seeker newsletetr. This gives the employer more exposure across your audience.
- Include resume access. Charge the employer more for each job if they also want access to your resume database. Bundle it to incentivize them.
- Feature a job seeker. Let them purchase the ability to feature their resume. You wont be able to charge that much maybe 10-20 bucks but if it allows them to highlight their resume or place them on top of others you will get a few people doing that. (Linkedin does this)