I love to reacd web traffic reports for websites and the numbers from the big U.S. job boards are also fascinating to look at. According to SimilarWeb, these are top 5 job boards in the U.S. based on their monthly web traffic numbers.
Indeed: With over 250 million monthly visitors, Indeed is the largest job board in the U.S. and one of the most popular job search engines worldwide. According to the company they had about 63 million US visitors though Similarweb is reporting different stats:
LinkedIn: More than just a job board, LinkedIn is a professional networking site that can be used to find jobs and connect with potential employers. It has tens of millions of monthly visitors and is the largest professional network in the world. Obviously their job board is only a portion of this traffic number.
Indeed & LinkedIn are the big two, traffic from others drops off substantially from there.
Glassdoor: Glassdoor is a platform that provides information about companies and job opportunities, including salaries, reviews, and interview questions. It attracts over 40 million monthly visitors.
ZipRecruiter: ZipRecruiter is a platform that matches job seekers with employers based on their skills and experience. It attracts over 34 million monthly visitors.
Jobcase: This site targets the hourly workforce and is often referred to as the blue collar version of LinkedIn.
Please note that these figures are subject to change and may vary depending on the source and the measurement methodology used.
NOTE: Talent.com has 15 million visits per month but I’m note sure how much of that is US based traffic.
What makes each job board unique?
- Indeed: Indeed is unique in that it is a comprehensive job search engine that aggregates job postings from thousands of websites, including company career pages and job boards. This makes it a one-stop-shop for job seekers, who can search for jobs by keyword, location, and job title, and view millions of job postings in one place.
- Glassdoor: Glassdoor is unique in that it provides information about companies and job opportunities, including salaries, reviews, and interview questions, in addition to job postings. This gives job seekers a more complete picture of a company and the job they are applying for, which can help them make more informed decisions about their job search.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is unique in that it is a professional networking site that can be used to find jobs and connect with potential employers. This allows job seekers to use their professional network to find job opportunities, which can be especially useful for people in niche industries or those looking for higher-level positions.
- Jobcase: It is a job board and career resource platform that provides job seekers with tools and resources to help them find and land their dream job. Jobcase offers job postings, a resume builder, salary information, and a community forum where users can connect with each other and share job search tips and advice. It is a unique platform in that it is specifically designed for the U.S. working-class population and provides resources and support to help people find better job opportunities and improve their careers.
- ZipRecruiter: ZipRecruiter is unique in that it uses a matching algorithm to connect job seekers with job opportunities based on their skills and experience. This makes the job search process more efficient and helps job seekers find job opportunities that are a good fit for them.
When was each job board founded?
- Indeed was founded in 2004.
- Glassdoor was founded in 2007.
- LinkedIn was founded in 2002.
- Jobcase: was founded in 2015.
- ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010.