A quick round up of job board news bytes….
BlueForge Alliance (BFA) today announced the relaunch of BuildSubmarines.com, the central hub to recruit thousands of workers to build and sustain the next generation of U.S. Navy submarines. The newly enhanced site now integrates ZipRecruiter, a leading online employment marketplace, to better connect interested candidates with the Navy’s Submarine Industrial Base (SIB) and its more than 15,000 suppliers ready to fill tens of thousands of stable, sustaining jobs rooted in the American spirit of innovation.
The site’s job portal will be powered by ZipRecruiter, bringing an enhanced experience that job seekers and employers have come to expect from the #1 rated job site. The new job board is fully optimized and allows candidates to create personal profiles to highlight their skills for potential employers.
iHire announces the general availability of its exclusive career-driven education and training courses. Previously accessible only through colleges and universities, iHire’s suite of online courses and masterclasses provides students, job seekers, and anyone looking to advance their career with expert advice on resume writing, networking, salary negotiation, and more.
Courses contain written content, videos, worksheets, templates, and podcasts carefully created and curated by iHire’s career experts. The Student Game Plan (SGP) and Sports Career Game Plan (SCGP) courses – used in the curriculum of over 100 colleges and universities, including Ohio State, University of Florida, Texas A&M, and the University of Missouri–St. Louis (UMSL) – prepare students to enter the job market, while iHire’s Masterclasses are geared toward any career-minded job seeker.
“To find work in this competitive job market, candidates must go the extra mile to stand out from the crowd,” said Brian Clapp, iHire’s VP of Marketing and one of the creators behind its courses. “However, many job seekers, especially students, are unfamiliar with the skills needed to land the right job, such as writing a resume and negotiating salary. For that reason, we are excited to offer these courses to the general public as we continue to upskill great talent and build the workforce of tomorrow.”
The following courses are now available on iHire’s platform for $49 each, or customers can bundle all five SGP/SCGP courses for $149:
Student Game Plan (SGP) and Sports Career Game Plan (SCGP):
- Gaining the Right Experience: Students and entry-level candidates learn how to develop an internship strategy, volunteer, and job shadow to build relevant skills and experience.
- Building and Maintaining Your Network: Users obtain step-by-step advice to build their network from scratch and make connections.
- Mastering Your Resume, Cover Letter, and Personal Brand: Students discover how to craft a stand-out resume, cover letter, social media presence, and portfolio.
- Interviewing for Jobs and Internships: Candidates receive tips on nailing any internship or job interview.
- Soft Skills to Build Your Career: Users learn how to identify the key soft skills employers look for and showcase them on their resumes and in interviews.
- Salary Negotiation: Host Lori Cole, one of iHire’s Certified Career Advisors, shares how to determine one’s worth, make a counteroffer, ask for a raise, and compare multiple job offers.
- Interviewing Prep: Cole provides great answers to tough questions, key advice for video interviews, what to bring to an interview, and more.
To learn more and browse iHire’s full course library, visit www.iHire.com/Education.
Domains for Sale
A client of mine is selling the following domains, if you are interested in buying let me know.