Viewing Profile: chrisr2
Latest Posts by chrisr2
More Job Domains AvailableBy chrisr2 on November 7, 2016 | Comments Off on More Job Domains Available
Reader Joe Cresci (@foodheadhunter) tells me he has dozens of job related domains for sale on SEDO the domain marketplace. A list is below. Some of the more interesting ones are Jobsbythehour.com, Jobsincasinos.com, JobsinEngineering.com…
beveragesalesjobs.com 900 USD
fastcasualjobs.com 300 USD
fermentationjobs.com 1,000 USD
flavoristjobs.com 200 USD
foodchemistryjobs.com 450 USD
foodjobboard.com 1,500 USD
foodjobfeed.com 700 USD
foodjobsearch.com 500 USD
foodmanagementjob.com 750 USD
foodproductionjobs.com 7,500 USD
foodtechjobs.com 700 USD
greatfoodjobs.com 300 USD
joberwoky.com 500 USD
jobinitiatives.com 500 USD
jobsbythehour.com 1,800 USD
jobsinacting.com 800 USD
jobsinactuarial.com 450 USD
jobsinactuary.com 1,100 USD
jobsinagriculture.com 2,000 USD
jobsinairlines.com 3,500 USD
jobsinaudiovisual.com 400 USD
jobsinautomobiles.com 400 USD
jobsinautomotive.com 1,500 USD
jobsinbaseball.com 1,500 USD
jobsinbeverage.com 500 USD
jobsincandy.com 300 USD
jobsincasinos.com 750 USD
jobsincoffee.com 500 USD
jobsincommercials.com 500 USD
jobsincomputer.com 1,500 USD
jobsincooking.com 1,900 USD
jobsincruises.com 600 USD
jobsincstore.com 500 USD
jobsincstores.com 500 USD
jobsindairy.com 1,500 USD
jobsindrilling.com 400 USD
jobsinehs.com 500 USD
jobsinengineering.com 5,500 USD
jobsinentertainment.com 1,100 USD
jobsinenvironmental.com 1,500 USD
jobsinfastfood.com 1,200 USD
jobsinfilm.com 3,000 USD
jobsinfinancial.com 1,300 USD
jobsinfoodchemistry.com 200 USD
jobsinfoodpackaging.com 200 USD
jobsinfoodquality.com 300 USD
jobsinfoods.com 300 USD
jobsinfoodsales.com 300 USD
jobsinfoodscience.com 500 USD
jobsinfoodtechnology.com 500 USD
jobsinforensics.com 4,500 USD
jobsinforensicscience.com 1,300 USD
jobsingraphicdesign.com 2,500 USD
jobsinhospitality.com 5,500 USD
jobsinhumanresources.com 5,000 USD
jobsininnovation.com 350 USD
jobsininternet.com 500 USD
jobsininvestments.com 400 USD
jobsinjournalism.com 4,000 USD
jobsinmarketing.com 12,000 USD
jobsinmechanics.com 300 USD
jobsinmedical.com 3,000 USD
jobsinmedicalbilling.com 2,000 USD
jobsinmedicalfield.com 1,300 USD
jobsinmeds.com 400 USD
jobsinmidwest.com 1,000 USD
jobsinmilitary.com 1,200 USD
jobsinmining.com 3,000 USD
jobsinmovies.com 650 USD
jobsinmusic.com 4,000 USD
jobsinnewengland.com 750 USD
jobsinnortheast.com 1,300 USD
jobsinoverseas.com 1,200 USD
jobsinpaper.com 800 USD
jobsinpastry.com 200 USD
jobsinpediatrics.com 1,500 USD
jobsinpharmaceutical.com 1,300 USD
jobsinpharmacy.com 1,600 USD
jobsinsanitation.com 500 USD
jobsinscreenwriting.com 200 USD
jobsinseafood.com 500 USD
jobsinsouthflorida.com 4,500 USD
jobsinspirits.com 200 USD
jobsinstitute.com 500 USD
jobsinsupplychain.com 2,100 USD
jobsintechnicalwriting.com 400 USD
jobsintelecommunications.com 400 USD
jobsinvending.com 400 USD
jobsontheislands.com 200 USD
newfoodjobs.com 200 USD
packagingengineerjobs.com 3,500 USD
productdevelopmentjobs.com 1,500 USD
resumesale.com 500 USD
resumesforsale.com 900 USD
sensoryjobs.com 400 USD
westernmassjobs.com 600 USD
worldfoodjobs.com 400 USD
Fastest Growing Dental Job Board Seeks Acquisition or InvestmentBy chrisr2 on November 7, 2016 | Comments Off on Fastest Growing Dental Job Board Seeks Acquisition or Investment
Founded in 2011, but connecting Dentistry & Job Seekers since 2002, DentReps.com is dentistry’s exclusive job site for all hiring & talent acquisition needs for offices & organizations. Our members include Doctors, Specialists, Hygienists, Assistants, Dental Office & Group DSO Administration & Executives, Lab Technicians & Staff. With the acquisition of Dental Sales Careers in 2013, we also work with Dental Sales & Marketing Leaders! DentReps also offers services directly related to hiring including background checks, hiring assessments, & resume review and writing, as well as many others. Additionally, DentReps provides transition services and recruiting services to the industry.
The DentReps business provides a unique opportunity to enter the dentistry recruitment space immediately and/or expand with revenue streams in dental staffing, recruitment and dental practice sales through the power of the DentReps brand.
They also offers services directly related to hiring including background checks, hiring assessments, & resume review and writing, as well as many others.
Why Acquire DentReps?
- DentReps having at minimum, doubled revenue yearly & working with greater than 10,000 dental offices and organizations, will provide immediate profitable growth to your top and bottom lines. Significant growth potential if you concentrate on sales. $500k-$1 million is a possibility.
- DentReps will provide the option for one current full time owner employee to focus on sales, existing clients and further business development, to deliver immense top and bottom line growth through new clients and added subscription services – especially recruiting – all while having the ability to utilize the internal resources of any suitor.
- An investment in, or acquisition of DentReps, will allow any organization to create at minimum, 5 – 12 new practice acquisitions each year to either add to their current portfolio of offices or create an added revenue model through brokerage or simple referral services.
- DentReps will allow any organization to market or even add their service(s) to thousands of subscribed offices and organizations as current DentReps’ Clients and transactions.
- DentReps will add an independent, valuable resource and tool to any dental organization (or staffing firm) and their clients from staffing, to recruiting, to transition services.
- DentReps will provide immediate access & a database of tens of thousands of registered job seekers to any Group DSO, Staffing or Recruiting Firm, but also continue to grow such assets.
- Founder Peter Cargill intends or will entertain remaining with any suitor and brings a MBA with 20 years of sales & business development – 14 in dentistry, thousands of valued partnerships and relationships and is 100% confident DentReps will grow exponentially under the umbrella of the right organization.
- Sales are in the low six figures.
- Registered candidates are nearing 50,000 seekers
- More than 25,000 resumes on file
- 60,000 job postings a year and climbing
- Nearly a 800k user sessions will be recorded in 2016
Strategic Acquisition: A strategic acquisition (preferrable) would allow DentReps to come under the umbrella of another company so that DentReps could utilize that organizations infrastructure, freeing up some operation costs and allow me to focus on sales and business development. All while the buyer could utilize my relationships and “book of business” and hundreds of transactions to expand their services and/or products.
Investment Will Also Be Considered: The capital infused through an investment would allow me to build a formal team of people (sales, marketing, recruitment and operations) to focus on top line growth but also allow me to expand the platform to incorporate better, more integrated add-on solutions that carry little to no overhead or expense.
Serious buyers should contact Pete Cargill at 781.987.1365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“DentReps makes a great acquisition for several reasons because it’s in a niche that never gets old. Dental jobs, like those in healthcare can’t be outsourced, therefore the new owner will have a solid revenue stream for years to come. In addition, the chance to also use the site and its data to provide staffing services offers a secondary income stream that can add tremendous revenue over time.”
Interview with a job board owner – Jennifer SchultzBy chrisr2 on October 30, 2016 | Comments Off on Interview with a job board owner – Jennifer Schultz
Last week I spoke at the HR Summit in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. It’s an annual event for employers put on by Jennifer Schultz who runs the local job board RecruitmentQueen.com. I got a chance to interview her for my RecTech podcast and got her take on her business strategy, her background and how events help grow her business.
One of the things she does well is provide a full suite of services that go way beyond job postings. If you run a job board and need more revenue take a page out of her playbook and expand. Holding offline events like she does can prove just as valuable as job postings.
Dozens of recruiting related domains availableBy chrisr2 on October 29, 2016 | Comments Off on Dozens of recruiting related domains available
I’ve just been alerted to 70+ recruiting and HR tech related domains names that are for sale. See them all here.
There are some interesting domains here that can relate to a variety of businesses from job boards to recruiting services to HR technology products. Might be worth a look if you are looking for some keyword rich domains.
AllStarJobs (.com/.ca) is For SaleBy chrisr2 on October 25, 2016 | Comments Off on AllStarJobs (.com/.ca) is For Sale
A longstanding national job board, AllStarJobs.com and it’s Canadian sister site, AllStarJobs.ca is up for sale. They were founded in 1999. This is a package deal for both website properties in the North American job market.
Why Buy? (Chris Russell says) These sites offer a solid level of passive income for the right owner. You can certainly make more money on job distribution if you add that as a new revenue stream. In addition, these sites have tremendous SEO ranking so if you are good at content you should be able to increase traffic. I would put these on the Smart Job Board platform which would allow you to recreate the content to maintain search rankings. By adding an email marketing component you can also turn up the traffic and boost ad revenues very quickly. The sites give you a foothold in both the Canadian and U.S. markets. The .CA site has the most traffic and offers a great opportunity for anyone who wants access to a large number of employers and candidates in Canada.
Asking Price – $200K but willing to consider all reasonable offers. Lowball offers will not be considered.
Who to contact?
- Cell 303-525-3956 (text or email before calling and will return call or schedule one, on-site full time with client now)
- What is revenue from past 12 months? (break out .com vs .ca)
- The combined totals for allstarjobs.com and allstarjobs.ca combined for the past 12 months = $36K
- Revenue for the year 2015 is very close to the revenue from the past 12 months, and we can provide full details if required for serious inquires
- We are willing to provide full details and login information for verification, as well as check stubs, etc
- We have breakouts for AdSense and some information on backfill but there is some inconsistent reporting on the other platform tracking. AdSense has cleanest reporting and the two websites are split out with Custom Channels to show page views and revenue
- Detail revenue streams
- Indeed Backfill
- Zip Recruiter new employer signups – $100 per new monthly user
- Zip Recruiter – Backfill (was implemented in January 2016, but we switched back to Indeed because Zip Recruiter was having issues with their technology tracking)
- Zip Recruiter – Email Alerts – We have never done this but this should be started in order to take full advantage of candidate traffic
- We have a high level contact at Zip Recruiter who can be contacted to continue the relationship. He helped us start the employer affiliate program
- Monthly Revenue Average = $3,030 TTM
- What are expenses per month?
- Hosting – $99 Host gator for .CA dedicated host
- Hosting & Licensing Fee – Job Board Mount $296 per month for .COM (this is paid quarterly at $888)
- Hosting for .COM CMS (Blue Host ~$10/month)
- Reviewing Job Posts – We pay approximately $785 per month to an independent contractor who manually review all job posts, answer emails, deal with misc. issues that arise is based on 9 hours a week and rate of $25/hour.
- What platforms are the sites hosted on?
- CA – Jammit old CGI version, site needs migration to new platform
- COM – Job Board Mount
- .COM also has content pages on separate CMS
- How much time per week to run the site?
- 9 hours to review job posts, emails, maintain sites
- Number of registered employer and job seeker accounts in total, and number of new employer accounts and job postings created each day
- 52,320 employer accounts
- 68,688 candidate accounts
- **A platform update would make it possible to take full advantage of the employer and candidate accounts, and begin to use alerts, lots of repeat large employer accounts and brand built up in Canada
- Averages 40-50 new employer signups each day
- Averages 400-500 new job posts per day
- 3,828 employer accounts
- 44,374 candidate accounts
- Traffic stats…monthly unique/sessions, breakdown of organic vs any paid traffic
- There is currently no paid traffic for either site
- Both sites are decent authorities in their space with quality backlinks
- .COM has large section of unique content written for the site years ago good foundation to build from and add to
- .COM has large number of .edu links
- 68,760 Sessions per month average during trailing 12 months in GA
- 43,376 Users per month average during trailing 12 months in GA
- Never had any link building, but lots of opportunity to get those
- Over 3-minute time on site average
- 61% returning visitors 38% new
- Can provide full access to Google Analytics account or export specific reports on request for serious inquires.
- Original Purchase Price
- .CA -$58K 5 years ago via Flippa from original owner
- .COM- $35K 7 years ago via Flippa
Monster paid how much to buy the Jobr app?By chrisr2 on October 24, 2016 | Comments Off on Monster paid how much to buy the Jobr app?
Back in June Monster.com bought a job search app called Jobr. At the time the purchase price was not released.
I have recently learned that they paid $12.5 million dollars.
The info comes from this press release put out by their largest shareholder. (I’ll be writing more about that later)… In any case, thats a lot of scratch for such a young app with a small user base. Jobr’s founders must have been dancing in the streets after negotiating that deal. Kudos to them. They built an app, got a little traction and then hit the jackpot. That’s hard to do in today’s overcrowded app world.
Monster grossly overpaid for this app if you ask their largest shareholder. In fact they called it “wasted” money. Harsh words, but on the face of it they may be right. Monster could have hired their own firm to build something similar for mere thousands. So I guess they value they saw was also the talent being acquired. But that still seems like a lot of money from a purely accounting perspective. Especially from a company (MWW) that is losing money every year. The app itself apparently did not have much revenue.
Here’s the actual quote…
Wasted $12.5 million to acquire Jobr, a start-up mobile app with little revenue or specialized technology — MNG priced out what it would cost to develop virtually the same app as Jobr and believes it would cost less than $250k to develop, or 2% of the price paid to acquire it (quote from Media News Group)
Create a job board pricing guideBy chrisr2 on October 18, 2016 | Comments Off on Create a job board pricing guide
I cam across a new local job site for Franklin County PA the other day called FranklinCountyWorks. They created a PDF version of their prices that I thought is a good idea. By creating a PDF version you can easily share your sites pricing information and other pertinent details in a way that makes it easy for employer inquiries. [Link to PDF].
This kind of media kit is something every job board should have on hand. Here’s one I created for AviaNation.com the airline job board. There is a PDF version of this same page so it makes it easy to email to anyone requesting more info.
ZipRecruiter CEO explains how their site is evolvingBy chrisr2 on October 17, 2016 | Comments Off on ZipRecruiter CEO explains how their site is evolving
Check out this interview (via the Hiring on All Cylinders podcast) with ZipRecruiter‘s CEO Ian Siegel recorded at the recent HR Tech conference. In it he chats about how their job board is evolving and starting to focus more on quality matching. I think its a good example of how job boards can get better at their job of attracting the right applicant to their clients jobs. For my review of the conference, click here.