Viewing Profile: chrisr2
Latest Posts by chrisr2
There’s a new backfill option in town
And its name is EmployIQ.
The founder Bri Holt, recently emailed me about the new project. If you want to incorporate full job postings onto your site it looks like a good option. I asked him where the jobs come from:
The jobs come from an array of primary sources – ATSs, primary job boards, primary search engines – we’ve got about 100 right now, but we’re keeping the exact list private for now (it actually took quite a bit of time to find and vet good job sources).
My dream is (1) that we accurately find and categorize all the world’s jobs and bring some order to the tangled web that is job searching, and then (2) that we can openly share that data with others. If we can achieve those things, then I’m sure we can figure out a way to make some money.
1. It’s a free, publicly available feed. You can see the documentation
2. We’re getting about 4,000 new jobs per day from several hundred quality job sources. The jobs link straight to the actually job source, so no junk re-re-re-post links. You can see the types of jobs we’re getting our site (which mirrors our feed).
3. The feed includes full job description text so you pull the text into your site and get the SEO value.
4. When we pull in the new jobs, we automatically and smartly categorize them, and we allow you to filter the feed based on category. For example, incoming jobs titled “Software Developer” and “Software Engineer” and “PHP Architect” are all categorized under the “Programming” category – this saves a lot of headaches in getting the right backfill jobs for a given niche. We offer about 100 categories from as broad as “IT” to as specific as “Anesthesiology.”
5. We do NOT require any HTML links back to EmployIQ, the feed is free to use however you like.
6. You CAN mix our jobs with any other backfill providers you like.
7. The jobs come in JSON format, so they are easily parse-able and integrate-able in any job board software in any language.
This job board just added video to the mix
CNCJobs.net has launched a job board and resume search engine with support for video (view site). In contrast to text-only job search engines, the website supports both photos and video to help employers and potential employees find the right match. According to the site, these unconventional features will help save employers money while shortening the hiring process.
Job seekers can upload a pre-screen video profile for employers to view prior to select a candidate for an interview. Employers can also post video clips about the job or company for applicants. Once a match is made, employers can interview candidates via live streaming technology available through the site. The video job board can be accessed from any PC, tablet or smartphone.
This is yet further proof of the visualization of the job search. Is your job board ready? Whats interesting to note about the CNC site is that CNC machinists aren’t exactly the most web savvy people. They are such a blue collar candidate I wonder how much early adoption they will get? Time will tell…
Heading to HRtech
October is one of my favorite times of the year. Not only are the leaves changing but its time for the HR Technology conference. 4 jam packed days of learning, networking, and expo hall all based around HR/recruiting technology. Not to mention its in Vegas! Its starts tomorrow.
This is by far the most interesting conference to be at since its where all the major players (from job boards to time & attendance software) and startups converge to show off and be seen. The networking is also tremendous as their are tons of parties and nightly events to go to.
I’ll be there all week and hope to bring you my list of cool technology shortly after on this blog. And if you will also be attending lets grab a beer and talk shop. Just ping me on twitter or let me know you’ll be there.
If you do want to go but cant afford the ticket consider getting an expo only pass. It costs $75 if you work as a recruiter or HR person. If you are a vendor in the space its $300.
Internships.com just got bought for $11 million
Breaking News off the wires today. CareerArc, the company that also owns TweetMyJobs has sold off one of its big properties, Internships.com to Chegg for 11 million dollars. Here’s the press release. Makes me wonder if their other properties like TMJ are next…?
Fast growing job boards and their revenue numbers
Inc recently came out with their list of the fastest growing companies. The firms in it have to fill out a survey and submit their revenue numbers. This year a number of job boards made the list. Here they are in order of biggest sales to smallest.
Hiring badges are a good idea
I use ZipRecruiter for my day job as a recruiter and they just added a feature that I thought was really cool.
As you may know I’ve been on a big kick lately about becoming more visual and these ‘We’re hiring‘ badges that are embeddable are a great idea. Not only does it give the employer a cool way to promote their jobs you get free back-links when they are used.
So whether you are a job board, aggregator or mini-ATS like ZR go create your badges and your clients will love you.
Job boards in the news
Its September so the job board news is coming fast and furious. Here’s a quick roundup.
* Jobs2Careers Ranked #131 in Inc. 500 List of Fastest-Growing Privately-Held Companies. Congrats to Bruce Ge for building a good aggregator in the face of Indeed and SimplyHired. READ ABOUT IT HERE
* NJmarketingjobs is a new hyper-niche job board. It targets a “local niche”. Sites like these have the potential to bring in $1,000 per month if done right and given enough time. SEE IT
* The American Legion signs on with Monster.com’s Military.com READ ABOUT IT HERE
* ZipRecruiter lands $63 million in funding. These guys made job distribution into a huge business opportunity. Kudos to the team at ZR. READ ABOUT IT HERE
* RAllyPoint is a Linkedin for Veterans and helps them get jobs. READ ABOUT THEM HERE
An easy way to improve the effectiveness and share-ability of your job postings (member only)
Please log in to view this article.
New wordpress job board theme – WpJobus
The developers emailed me recently and since I’m a sucker for new job board technology I was glad to mention it here on Job Board Secrets.
Here’s what they claim about the new theme;
This theme is completely made in WordPress so you can run it just like any other blog. We probably shouldn’t brag, but we seriously think that it is the most complete and easiest to use job board out there. You can register your company, post jobs, curriculums and many other amazing things. One of our favorite details about this theme though is that it lets you hide the menu bar. This makes your company profile and you resumé even more professional. And all this for a microstock file price. You can purchase it on ThemeForest and within a couple of clicks your website is ready to rock!