This is just kind of a random post with a little of this and that.
* What hot in niche job boards? Trucking jobs. Yeah thats right. Companies cant hire truckers fast enough to ship our stuff across the country. So naturally, niche sites have popped up to serve this need. The latest is US CDL JOBS. (http://www.uscdljobs.com/). But do a search for trucking jobs and you’ll find a lot more of them.
* And speaking of niche…when you are thinking about creating a new niche board as a subset of an industry, be careful about not including the bigger sites as competitors. For example if you are creating a site for ‘mechanincal engineering’ jobs and there are only 1-2 sites that serve that niche you still have to compete with bigger sites like engineeringjobs.com.
* There is a fascinating story taking place about Craigslist postings and whether or not they constitute “public data”. A company called 3taps is being sued by CL (four indexing Craig’s data) and they just filed a countersuit against Craigslist. This is a story about jobs/rentals/car classifieds so pay close attention to what happens. I recommend watching the latest episode of TWIST to see the founder of 3taps explain it all.
3taps was running a site called Craiggers that is at heart of the lawsuit.
* Have you seen my “alternative job board“? Its a little project Ive been working on for a year. Coming out with a new version of the app for iOS next week.
* Check out Joel Cheesman’s post about Why the Indeed Deal is Bad for Monster…he says Recruit Co was thinking about buying Monster vs Indeed. Guess who won?
1 thought on “Random job board thoughts (free)”
Comments are closed.