Recently at TA Tech Europe in Dublin I met Martin Lenz from Jobiqo, a software vendor based in Austria. I asked him to give me a update on their platform which competes with higher end players such as Madgex, Webscribble, CareerLeaf and others.
They have been around since 2011. Most of their sites are spread around the world but they have 4-5 in the U.S.. Their technology is based on Drupal. You can buy the software outright or have them host it on a monthly plan.
JOBIQO is the first vendor I have seen that touts its own ‘matching’ technology built into the product that helps employers surface relevant candidates and seekers discover more relevant jobs. Below is their response to some of my questions.
- How many sites does Jobiqo power? List top 3 examples.
We power more than 200 job sites for about 50 clients worldwide (publishers, newspapers, recruiters, professional associations, non-profit organizations, university career centers).
- www.motorsportjobs.com (UK, global)
- www.empleoslatino.com (US)
- www.myjob.ch (CH)
- www.psychjob.eu (GER)
- www.startus.cc (Europe)
- What is the cost breakdown?
- We offer ownership (access to code) and rental model (SaaS only).
- Monthly rental or service fee including licence, hosting, maintenance, support, continuous improvement.
- In case of ownership there is an upfront cost for the software depending on scope
- In case of migration we offer special platform migration services (data and SEO)
- Fully transparent fixed pricing based individual requirements, no hidden costs.
- What are the most unique features of the platform you would like to mention?
- JOBIQO is the most flexible job board software
- Fully responsive platform with high page speed and SEO focus
- Intelligent matching engine (recommender)
- Fully integrated career platform features like news, courses, social community, video application
- Multi-site architecture
- Multilanguage enabled
- Enhanced analytics
- Machine Learning optimized data extraction (current research project)
- Intelligent Job Widgets for affiliate partners (target passive job seekers)
- Every client is part of our innovation community (partnership)
- How long has the company been in business?
- Since 2011
- Previously running multiple job boards in central Europe from 2005
- What advice would you give to someone who is starting a job board today?
- A career platform becomes more than just a job board by engaging candidates during the whole life cycle of career development.
- Don’t be afraid of the growing ecosystem and new trends (AI, Google for Jobs, Facebook Jobs, etc.) but rather embrace the change and create new valuable services for your clients
- Content is the new SEO and a very easy way to create unique value for your target audience in addition to the traditional job listings